Monday, August 30, 2010

Treasure Chest

We're stealing Caid's kindergarten teacher's idea and having a treasure chest for good behavior. She told me at open house last week that she wishes she could have a classroom full of Caids because he is so sweet and well behaved. "You mean Caid Yeargin?" I asked, "Are you sure you don't have him confused with another student?"

The treasure chest is obviously motivating him to do well in her class, so we told him that we would have a treasure chest at home too, and in order to earn treasures he has to be kind to his siblings and listen to his parents. He knew that today was the day I planned to go to the store to purchase items for the chest, and yet his behavior after school today was less than stellar.

I told him I didn't know if I even wanted to get the stuff to fill the box because of the way he was acting, and we sent him to sit on the couch.

As I walked out the door, he called to me, "Mom? Will you get me a surprise at the store? I've been good for a few minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment